One of the things I wanted to do this summer was to make the rounds to see as many of my elderly aunts and uncles as I could. Recently, we have been losing relatives and friends, and friend's relatives, that I didn't want to miss seeing anyone before we lost any more - making sure they all knew what fun and fond memories I have of them and my childhood in particular... Only - I was a little too late, it seems...My Aunt Betty, who lived in my old home-town of Chester died last week and part of what I did was to attend the viewing and the funeral - taking my Dad who really can't drive anymore since he can't see. It was wonderful to see my relatives who I haven't seen in ages, but I was so sad to have to see them at the funeral.
Then - after my aunts funeral, it was a shock to go and visit the home where my mother was - only to find she had been moved to a psychiatric hospital far far away, and had been there for several weeks - because since she fell and had gone to the nursing home, she became too agitated and uncontrollable. Not violent - just upset and inconsolable. Now I know that it seems that it should not have taken me until now to realize this, however, there are many mitigating circumstances that I would rather not go into here - family dynamics are rather odd to say the least... but you can't exclude a whole portion of your family for 25 years and then expect the three of us to hop to it now...doesn't work that way... anyway - I am upset and want to see my mother...I think I found her new hospital on-line...hopefully they will tell me if she's there, what with that HIPPA crap...
lllllll
lllll
lllll
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
lllll
lllll
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This page is About Maureen and Stephanie and our family...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Monday, July 21, 2008
just some thoughts....
Labels:
family,
general info,
mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment