lllllll
lllll
lllll

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This page is About Maureen and Stephanie and our family...



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Friday, June 20, 2008

Life is just a bowl of cherries... or UPDATE...

WELL....all I can say is its been real! Sometimes I can't even tell people what's up because it sounds so unbelievable to my own ears, I can't believe people won't think I am making this stuff up...

We had a most lovely time in Mexico - was one of the best decisions we ever made - so we get back and off to work the next day...the end of the school year is just plain 'ol crazy for me - so I was just taking that one day at a time along with everything else, YKWIM? Then, we are back and FIRST - on that Monday evening my mother falls down the stairs - backwards - and totally knocks herself out and cracks her poor noggin open with blood everywhere. My Step-dad thought she was dead it looked so bad! Called 911 and she was then in the hospital for 5 days. It is a very difficult thing with head injuries, because they usually ask you questions to determine your lucidity. Yeah, right! She can't tell you what her name is or what day it is or who the president is due to the Alzheimer's. There was no real way to figure that all out and she hated the IV - my sister said she pulled it out - poor nurses. Thank God they all had patience.

Next - that week Bob has the doctor take out the hunk of his leg (Stephanie - soon to be RN - watched the whole thing - EWW!) stitched him up - took another sliver off of the other leg with a similar type mole - and that was that....we still have no news of the melanoma - so - I have decided it must be good news. Right? I mean, no news is good news! Little aggravating though I must say.

SO - by Friday my mom is taken to Bryan Manor where she had been going just during the day, to live there permanently. Which I must say I think is best. Just please say a prayer she adjusts well to that. We have yet to see what of hers can be taken to seem more "homey" - I THINK she recognizes stuff. Its sooo hard.

Now - a stroke of good luck. I did not realize that our union president had negotiated and fixed it so we were actually DONE on the last day of school, after graduation that night. So on that last day of Tuesday - I was cleaning my classroom like a MANIAC!! I still can't believe I got all the paperwork done and all the packing finished. WHEWW!! But - how sweet it is!! After graduation, the faculty goes out to celebrate - and we had a good time. But it felt so weird not to have to go in the next day. But it made me available Wednesday to go for Bob's CT scan...so we got up early - he drank the CRAP - ick- and off we went...only took like 10 minutes since he can't have the extra dye due to "renal insufficiency" - which scares me to no end - and then back home for a wonderful day puttering together. Now - we have already gotten the results from the CT scan....ITS ALL GOOD!! Thank you, Jesus!!! OK - one bullet dodged! Yippee!

So - I just keep plugging away at other things - like the finishing of my curriculum due in two weeks and the completion of my doctorate - and STAMPING!!!! And also cleaning - ugh! I have to include that!! But being out of school just makes me SO happy!! I do miss my kids though...Really what kills me is the commute - that hour driven so early - and that gas price - makes it awful. Wouldn't be so bad if we could leave later -like around 7am....ah dreams!!! But I don't have to do the drive until September! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I just wanted to thank you all for keeping us in your prayers and thoughts as we go through this new turn in the road...I am feeling more positive so that helps us both....we're not out of the woods yet, but I feel like I can see the light!!! Thanks again! OK - gotta post some other FUN stuff!
TTFN
Reen

No comments: