Bob and I went to Tanya's house for dinner last night and then off to see her oldest son in a community fund raiser for a local boy who has a terrible and costly cancer. The fund raiser included a demonstration by the church funded martial arts program. While not restricted to church members only - it is church sponsored because this form of martial arts promotes non-violence and is more a defensive type of martial arts. I think that is totally cool. The 1,ooo of years old teachings promote controlling your feelings and the premise of "walk away, run away, get away" - yet still teach to be able to defend yourself if attacked. Maybe this needs to be taught in school!!! Anyway - I wanted to show you two pictures of the event with our grandson in them. The front view is blurry on purpose ( I don't even know if I could figure that out in Adobe again if I tried!) ...and the other pic is his back in the group. I have video of him and the group doing the required kicks, and THAT is impressive. So was our grandson's solo demo of sword work. Apparently when you move up in belt color and experience you learn new and longer versions of specific movements - for lack of a better word - I would say "routine" - but that's not it, kwim? Now - can you see that he is in the mist of a group of adults? He is a tall boy...and very focused and determined....and even though he is ready - you unfortunately cannot officially test for your black belt until you are TEN. That's right - our guy is only 9 and you should see him go. Made me catch my breath a bit, I can tell you!! We were so dang proud...so here he is....our hero!
lllllll
lllll
lllll
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
lllll
lllll
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This page is About Maureen and Stephanie and our family...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Here is WHY it took so long to re-shoot yesterday's pics...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment