lllllll
lllll
lllll

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This page is About Maureen and Stephanie and our family...



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thursday, May 15, 2008

My poor little mother...

I went to visit my mom on mother's day and again at the home where she stays during the day on Tuesday. We had an evening event at the school, so with the price of gas, it was better to just stay at school - I live 45 min to an hour away (depending on traffic). So I carpool and dropped my friend off at her Dad's house and ran over to Bryan Manor where my mom is. It was so cute, they were all in the big room, watching the movie channel with a black and white movie on - I think Claudette Colbert was in it and maybe Tyrone Powers (?)...lord, I can't even remember their names its been so long since I have seen a classic. I took my mom outside for some more fresh air before it was their dinner time. I am so sad, because she is just so confused. She's only 76. Her eyes dart this way and that because she does not know where she is. She doesn't really talk much at all either. So when she finally does, and tells me things in a lil baby voice that she is looking for her dog - it 'bout breaks my heart. Unfortunately - there is no way to reassure her - she doesn't remember me or even what we said two minutes ago. She does follow directions though pretty well - and can put some ideas together. Like on mother's day - we walked out to the cars on our way home, and she asked me if she should "get in". She knew we were going in the car. She just didn't know if she was going with us or not. I HATE this disease. period.

No comments: